2. Taha et al. (2000). Morbidity among Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1-infected and uninfected African children. Pediatrics 106(6): e77.
3. Graham (2003). Impact of HIV childhood respiratory illness: differences between developing and developed countries. Pediatric Pulmonolgy 36: 462-468.
4. Nielson et al. (1997). A descriptive survey of pediatric Human Immunodeficiency Virus-infected long-term survivors. Pediatrics 99 (4): e4.
5. Zar & Hussey (2001). Finger clubbing in children with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 21: 15-19
6. Dufour et al. (2003). Improvement of symptomatic human immunodeficiency virus-related lymphoid interstitial pneumonia in patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy. Clinical Infectious Diseases 36: e127-130.
7. Bragg et al. (1994). Lymphoproliferative disorders of the lung: histopathology, clinical manifestations, and imaging features. Am J Roentgenol 163: 273-81.
8. Barbera JA et al. (1992). Detection of Epstein-Barr virus in lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia by in-situ hybridization. Am Rev Respir Dis 145: 940-6.
9. Scarborough et al. (2000). Lymphocytic interstitial pneumonitis in HIV-infected adult: response to antiretroviral therapy. Int J STD AIDS 11:119-22.
Additional references not cited
Ansar et al. (2003). Patholgoy and causes of death in a series of human immunodeficiency virus-positive and -negative pediatric referral hospital admissions in Botswana. Pediatr Infect Dis J 22: 43-7.
Buckingham et al. (2003). Incidence and etiologies of complicated parapneumonic effusions in children, 1996 to 2001. Paediatr Infect Dis 22: 499-504.
Hecker et al. (1997). Two-step tuberculin skin testing in HIV-infected persons in Uganda. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 155: 81-86.
Huang & Stanswell (1996). AIDS and the lung. Med Clin NA 80: 775-801.
Knowles (1996). Etiology and pathogenesis of AIDS-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Hematology/Oncology Clin NA 10: 1081-1109.
Merina et al. (1999). Tuberculous pleural effusion in children. Chest 115: 26-30.
Noppen et al. (2000). Volume and cellular content of normal pleural fluid in humans examined by pleural lavage. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162: 1023-1026.
Rouet et al. (2003). Pediatric viral human immunodeficiency virus type I RNA levels, timing of infection, and disease progression in African HIV-1 children. Pediatrics 112: e289-e297.
Wallace et al. (1997). Respiratory disease trends in the pulmonary complications of HIV infection study cohort. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 155: 72-80.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US FOR THE CROSS-CANADA PAEDIATRIC RESPIRATORY ROUNDS. HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME.Thank you to AstraZeneca for their support of this program and website.