REFERENCES1. Munck A, Murciano D, Pariente R, Cezard JP, Navarro J. Latent pulmonary function abnormalities in children with Crohn's disease. Eur Respir J 1995; 8:377-80.
Tzanakis N, Bouros D, Samiou M, et al. Lung function in patients with
inflammatory bowel disease. Respir Med 1998; 92:516-22.
3. Herrlinger KR, Noftz MK, Dalhoff K, Ludwig D, Stange EF, Fellermann K. Alterations in pulmonary function in inflammatory bowel disease are frequent and persist during remission. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97:377-81.
4. Kuzela L, Vavrecka A, Prikazska M, et al. Pulmonary complications in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Hepatogastroenterology 1999; 46:1714-9.
5. Douglas JG, McDonald CF, Leslie MJ, Gillon J, Crompton GK, McHardy GJ. Respiratory impairment in inflammatory bowel disease: does it vary with disease activity? Respir Med 1989; 83:389-94.
6. Bonniere P, Wallaert B, Cortot A, et al. Latent pulmonary involvement in Crohn's disease: biological, functional, bronchoalveolar lavage and scintigraphic studies. Gut 1986; 27:919-25.
7. Eade OE, Smith CL, Alexander JR, Whorwell PJ. Pulmonary function in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol 1980; 73:154-6.
8. Pasquis P, Colin R, Denis P, Baptiste P, Galmiche JP, Hecketsweiler P. Transient pulmonary impairment during attacks of Crohn's disease. Respiration 1981; 41:56-9.
9. Sommer H, Schmidt M, Gruber KD. [Pulmonary functional disorders in ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr 1986; 111:812-5.
10. Heatley RV, Thomas P, Prokipchuk EJ, Gauldie J, Sieniewicz DJ, Bienenstock J. Pulmonary function abnormalities in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Q J Med 1982; 51:241-50.
11. Tzanakis N, Samiou M, Bouros D, Mouzas J, Kouroumalis E, Siafakas NM. Small airways function in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998; 157:382-6.
12. Louis E, Louis R, Drion V, et al. Increased frequency of bronchial hyperresponsiveness in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Allergy 1995; 50:729-33.
13. Cosio M, Ghezzo H, Hogg JC, et al. The relations between structural changes in small airways and pulmonary-function tests. N Engl J Med 1978; 298:1277-81.
14. Smiejan JM, Cosnes J, Chollet-Martin S, et al. Sarcoid-like lymphocytosis of the lower respiratory tract in patients with active Crohn's disease. Ann Intern Med 1986; 104:17-21.
15. Fireman Z, Osipov A, Kivity S, et al. The use of induced sputum in the assessment of pulmonary involvement in Crohn's disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95:730-4.
16. Koek GH, Verleden GM, Evenepoel P, Rutgeerts P. Activity related increase of exhaled nitric oxide in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis: a manifestation of systemic involvement? Respir Med 2002; 96:530-5.
17. Bentur L, Lachter J, Koren I, et al. Severe pulmonary disease in association with Crohn's disease in a 13-year-old girl. Pediatr Pulmonol 2000; 29:151-4.
18. Minic P, Perisic VN, Minic A. Metastatic Crohn's disease of the lung. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1998; 27:338-41.
19. Calder CJ, Lacy D, Raafat F, Weller PH, Booth IW. Crohn's disease with pulmonary involvement in a 3 year old boy. Gut 1993; 34:1636-8.
20. Puntis JW, Tarlow MJ, Raafat F, Booth IW. Crohn's disease of the lung. Arch Dis Child 1990; 65:1270-1.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US FOR THE CROSS-CANADA PAEDIATRIC RESPIRATORY ROUNDS. HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME.Thank you to AstraZeneca for their support of this program and website.