Investigations were many and included:
1) Blood work: CBC HgB 125, WBC 17.7, PLT 482, Lymph 0.44 ESR 23 Albumin 34, total protein 59, cholesterol 4, Triglyceride 1.01, Liver function tests's normal
2) Immune work up negative: Immunoglobilins within normal range. Antibodies to MMR, Tetanus, Diptheria, Polio were normal. HIV screen was Negative.
3) Cap Gas at our hospital : ph 7.31,pCO2 63mmHg Referring Hospital ph 7.28,pCO2 72mHg,HCO3 43, Base excess +4
4) 72 hour fecal fat was normal
5) Calorie count showed a high metabolism.
WHAT OTHER CONSULTANTS WOULD YOU INVOLVE?