Advancing Knowledge. Improving Outcomes.
The CTS promotes lung health by enhancing the ability of healthcare professionals through leadership, collaboration, research, learning and advocacy, and providing the best respiratory practices in Canada.
What We Do
- Develop, disseminate and evaluate evidence based clinical practice guidelines and engage in knowledge translation activities
- Develop and accredit continuing medical and healthcare professional education programs, such as the Canadian Respiratory Conference, the CTS Scientific Program at the annual CHEST Conference and webinars on our most recent guidelines and other hot topics
- Organize the National Senior Respiratory Fellows Symposium and Pediatric Respirology Fellows Days in collaboration with program directors from across Canada
- Collaborate with The Lung Association in the implementation of the national respiratory research strategy
- Deliver the CTS Research Poster Competition in conjunction with the American Thoracic Society (ATS) Conference
- Host two annual receptions for CTS members
- Co-sponsor the annual CIHR/ICRH-CTS Distinguished Lecture in Respiratory Sciences Award
- Recognize leadership and excellence in the respiratory field
The work of the CTS is largely carried out by its members who serve on a voluntary basis in a diverse range of committees encompassing clinical interests, membership services and communications, continuing professional development, research, guidelines and knowledge translation, and pediatrics, in addition to governance committees such as the Board of Directors, CTS Executive and Long-term Planning Committee. The leadership role that CTS members play in clinical practice and research confers a very high profile and recognition at national and international levels. Our membership is growing steadily, attracting ‘next generation’ specialists, scientists and healthcare professionals to continue the work of our professional society. CTS is recognized as an accrediting body of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons for specialist education and continuing professional development.